Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome!

For those of you who have not looked at my blog before, thank you for taking the time to check in! Please understand that this is, and probably forever will be, a work in progress.

I hope to use this blog in three ways for God's glory. First, I hope to provide some enrichment for your personal Bible study. If I miss doing this for a day on the blog (which I will probably miss many), it doesn't mean that I did not study the Word that day- it just means I was too busy to blog about it. I hope that this is a useful ministry to those who join with our church plant, especially those new to studying the Bible, but it is open to all who care to take a moment to look at what the Bible says. Navigate here by clicking on the "Personal Bible Study Enrichment" tab or right here. Second, I want to use this as a hub for those going through discipleship training with North Hills. Find this by clicking the "Discipleship Bible Reading" tab or here. Last, I want this blog to be something that can update people on our ministry in Round Rock, Texas, and provide some pastoral thoughts. Clicking the "From the Pastor..." tab will take you there. Please visit our church website at www.nhbcroundrock.org if you have questions about our church.

A little about me...

I was grew up in Grand Haven, Michigan, until I joined the Army straight out of high school. I served for almost 5 years in the Army as a Chaplain's Assistant (and so much more), leaving honorably as a Sergeant. I taught Social Studies to grades 3-12 at various times and was Lead Teacher at the Program for Academically Talented Students in Pensacola, Florida. Jennifer and I have been married since 2002, and we moved to Round Rock, Texas, in July 2010 to serve the Lord in the church plant here.

Rev. Phillip A. Olt (A.A., University of Alaska Anchorage; B.A. in History, M.Ed. in Educational Leadership, University of West Florida; M.Min. in Christian Ministry, additional graduate studies, Piedmont Baptist College)



No comments:

Post a Comment